Monday, January 16, 2012

Twenty Twelve!

I know we're well into 2012, but HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I was trying to see if I had any natural hair resolutions for the year, and I realized, I absolutely do!

1. Retain length!
How do you do that, you ask? Simple! Take care of your hair! That statement alone however is a general statement. It doesn't mean you have to follow someone else's regimen down to the type of pillowcase they use! Taking care of your hair is more than just the products you use. It includes your diet, making sure you take care of your body, (EXERCISE), etc. it's kind Of like taking care of a baby! ^__^

2. Make my own hair product(s)
I've been searching for all natural whipped Shea butter recipes. I've found some helpful ones but there's always an excuse for me (shaking my head at myself). HOWEVER! Before the year is over, I'm gonna have my own recipe. Scents and all!

3. Start vlogging?
Possibility. I have friends who text and call asking for hair tips and tutorials. Making a video is so much easier than texting it all... But I haven't completely decided yet.

4. BLOG MORE OFTEN!
I'm really gonna shoot for at least one blog post a week. I know I've said this before but I'm gonna try my best this year! Maybe I'll get a shadow write or something for those weeks when I'm extremely busy! Lol we'll see what happens. There's A TON of info waiting to be shared about the beauty of natural hair... Enough time wasting, Sophie!

And finally...
5. Inspire at least ONE person!
I hope that one day, someone reads my blog or sees my pictures and feel like they want to do something creative themselves. Thats enough for me!

Have a creative new year! ^__^

5 comments:

  1. Good Stuff!!! As for your Natural Hair New Year's Resolution#5 you can put a check mark. You are one of the few that has inspired me to go natural. My Natural Hair New Year's Resolution include: making it to a year (Aug. 2012) and being able to handle my natural hair (my hair has been permed since I was 9 almost 10 and I am about to be 21...so technically I'm a newbie at this.) It's hard at first, but I'm also very excited. Everytime I see new growth I jump around like an ecstatic little munchkin. Lol. As for you and your Natural Hair Resolutions I say Good Luck and Keep Up the Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That means SO much to me! Thank you for that! (definitely just made my day!) and I totally understand! My hair was permed at 15, but after 2 years I decided I wanted to go back to natural. It really is hard at first, but I am SO happy you stuck to it! And I do the same girl! Jump for joy at te sight of growth lol. Keep on with your natural beauty! Keep me posted on your progress please! (Sn: do you have a site/blog/twitter/fb etc? I'd love to keep in touch!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Welcome! I shall def. keep you posted on my progress. (Sn: I don't have a twitter, but I do have a FB which btw, you already have ; ) Lol.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh!! And I plan to start blogging pretty soon. ^_^

      Delete
  4. Lol yup just saw that after I posted. But let me know when you do!

    ReplyDelete