Monday, April 25, 2011

Weekend Update: Nappy Girlll :)

FOUR Hairstyles!
Soooo this (and the last 2 weekends) I went with my natural, beautiful, nappy hair =). I did a style that I've done before (2 weekends ago) which was the pomp and cinnabon look, but last weekend, I tried something new. I washed my hair, blow dried it, twisted it,and then I put rollers in (The Medusa hairstyle, as it has been so cleverly named lol). At first,  I was a little skeptical about the look, but it actuall came out WAYY nicer than I anticipated. I originally planned on undo-ing the twists completely, but I actually liked how it looked! It was not exactly what I thought it would be, but nonetheless, I loved it. Chances are, I'll be repeating this hairstyle soon! 
Somewhere between weekend 2 and 3 (lol) I got bored of my hair just being in braids and I twisted it. I had just washed it, I detangled it, moisturized it, and I twisted it, all while it was still wet. I wore it down and pinned in various ways for a couple of days, and then I undid the twists and pinned it up. It too came out very nicely :)
I also did a 1940's vintage-like hairstyle-- this weekend (which was also my favorite)-- (like in the video posted on the Helpful Videos page). I changed it up to my own tastes, and again, I was a little doubtful, but it came out great! This hairstyle will also be repeated soon. AND yet another hairstyle that I tried out this weekend -- Saturday night-- (I forgot to take pics with the bandanna NOT on my head -- sorry lol) was the Infinity Bun. This hairstyle I really REALLY loved. I'll be wearing my hair as such to school sometime this week to school! HEY! Have fun experimenting! There will be new videos up this week for the hairstyle I've done these past few weekends. Pics below!

The "Medusa" hairstyle


































"Pomp & Cinnabon" 












Twists







"1940s Vintage Look"









"Infinity Bun"












"..And when they appeal to you to be conventional, tell them you don't know how."

No comments:

Post a Comment