Wednesday, December 22, 2010

DAY 3: Interview Hair

Sooo I had a job interview today! (At Bertucci's) I'm not sure how it went yet, but I'm leaving that in God's hands. Instead of sleeping in my bed all day until 2:30 pm, I decided to wake up and do something else with my hair. It had been in corn rows since Saturday night (seeing as how I spent the whole week pretty much in my house), and I wanted to do something nice with it. [Yesterday we went to the mall, and I chose to wear a bonnet instead of taking it out (LOL) and today I was gonna wear a hat, but I chose not to do that either.] So i finally wake up and decide I wanna go with the cinnabon look, which I've done before, with something different than the regular hump in the front. When I was first taking out my braids, I loved the curliness so much that I really wanted to leave it... and then I realized that I had already combed out a little more than half of my head, so the big hair thing wasn't gonna happen. I combed out my hair several times to get all the tangles out, put some coconut oil in it, and brushed it over and over again. This is the actual length of my hair in all its curliness:


Here's a look at the process:
 The piece of stocking I'm gonna use to hols my hair back.













It ended up great! I did a little big twist thing at the front and I twisted it in the opposite direction on the other side, pinning it down towards the back.For the back, i just parted my hair (with my fingers.. no fancy parting necessary) and rolled (downwards) and then I pinned it down with a bobby pin. It's a quick and easy hairstyle, finished in only 10 minutes.
I ended up spending the day at the mall and buying a nice pair of heels on sale for $20!!

2 comments: